Open to the public on Saturday, July 18, 2020
Temporary Hours: Wednesday – Friday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 1 to 4 p.m.
Senior Hours: Wednesday - Friday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Requirements for Entry:
• If you are experiencing signs of illness, cough, difficulty breathing, fever etc., or have had contact with a person with Covid-19, please do not enter the Museum at this time.
• Face masks are required during your visit to the Decorative Arts Center of Ohio. Single-use masks are available for free inside the lobby. Thank you for helping protect our visitors, volunteers, and staff!
• If there are guests in the lobby, please wait before entering.
• Number of guests inside the Museum, at any one time, is limited. You may be asked to wait before entering the lobby.
• We ask that you observe social distancing (six feet apart) while in the Decorative Arts Center of Ohio.
• There is a 30” tall plexi-guard on the Greeter Desk.
• Every guest will be asked to fill out a Visitor Information Card. Visitor information will be for our records, as well as any potential contact tracing by the Health Department.
• Signage will direct guests to keep the card with them until the end of their visit.
• Limited elevator usage to one person/party at a time.
Visitor Traffic Flow:
• Guests will enter though Lobby doors as usual.
• Greeter will instruct guests briefly about procedures.
• Guests will proceed to the main floor to view the Parlors and Rising Room as normal while maintaining Social Distancing.
• Social Distancing signs will be on stands inside both Parlors and the Rising Room.
• Guests will not be allowed to sit on any of the furniture in in the Parlors, Hall or Rising Room.
• Plastic folding chairs will be available for anyone who needs to sit. We will
designate a place for 'used' chairs so we can clean them.
• Guests can proceed to the gallery level via the main staircase as normal.
• Normal flow of Gallery 1, 2, 3, 4.
• Guests will NOT be going back down the main staircase after viewing the exhibition.
• Guests will exit Gallery 4 via the back hall to the elevator.
• Guests will take the elevator to the Ground Level.
• There will be at least 2 Survey Kiosks located in the Lower Level.
• Stylus pens will be available for guests to use for a no-touch experience. The stylus will be theirs to keep.
• Signage will remind guests to indicate their time out on the Visitor Information
Cards and there will be a place to deposit them.
Museum Shop Precautions:
• Limited number of guests allowed.
• Hand sanitizer will be available near the Shop door.
• Plexi-barrier is in place at the checkout.